Uber / Lyft Accidents
Auto accidents can take many forms. Depending on the facts and circumstances involved, the unique nature of an accident can lead to challenges during the personal injury claim process. This is especially true of wrecks involving rideshare services like Uber & Lyft.
As rideshare applications have gained increasingly popularity over recent years, they have introduced unique legal issues, particularly when it comes to liability and insurance coverage. By working with our proven New Hampshire car accident attorneys at the Injury Law Center®, you can gain the experienced support and representation needed to navigate these challenges and fight for the compensation you deserve!Why Choose Injury Law Center®?
- Years of Combined Experience
- Award-Winning Lawyers
- Millions Recovered for Clients
- Aggressive & Tough Representation
Our legal team proudly represents victims throughout New Hampshire and Massachusetts. If you wish to discuss a potential case, call (603) 883-4100 for a FREE consultation.Unique Legal Issues
The uniqueness of Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare applications introduce several legal issues when it comes to victims that wish to pursue financial compensation for their damages. These include issues involving fault and liability, and insurance coverage.
- Liability – Most rideshare services classify their drivers not as employees, but as independent contractors. This gives these companies the ability to dispute and deny liability for their drivers, especially if a driver is not actively transporting a fare, traveling to pick up a customer, or using the application in any way. By investigating the circumstances surrounding your wreck, including whether a driver was “on duty” or not, we help explore whether the company of the driver should be held liable for the crash.
- Insurance Coverage – Rideshare services have different policies when it comes to insurance coverage. For example, Uber has a $1 million commercial insurance policy that covers riders and other victims harmed by their drivers – but only when a driver is transporting a fare or en route to pick up a ride. This means that if you were harmed as a passenger or another motorist while a driver was working, you may be covered by this commercial insurance policy. Because Uber also has uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, you may be covered by the policy regardless of whether the accident was the Uber driver’s fault or another driver’s fault. However, in cases where an Uber driver is not actively transporting a fare or when they are not using the application at all, you may need to seek compensation from the driver’s personal insurance and / or the rideshare service’s contingent insurance policy, which has lower policy limits.
If you were a passenger involved in an Uber or Lyft accident caused by the Uber driver or another motorists, or were in another vehicle involved in a collision caused by an Uber or Lyft driver, our legal team can help you better understand your rights and how you may be entitled to compensation. In every case, we meticulously investigate and review the facts in order to pursue the maximum compensation possible.Insurance Companies Don’t Want to Pay
Whether you will be able to pursue compensation from Uber or Lyft’s insurance policy or from the at-fault driver’s personal insurance, it is important to remember that you will not be automatically compensated for your damages, including any medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages you incurred. This is because insurance companies are corporations in business to make profits, not pay victims. As such, they go to great lengths when defending against personal injury claims and attempting to pay you as little as possible.
At the Injury Law Center®, we know how to level the playing field between victims and insurance companies, and we fight for fair recoveries. This requires extensive experience and insight, as well as the resources needed to go up against powerful corporations that use money to bat away claims. Trust in our legal team to make sure you are not taken advantage of by these insurance providers.Call (603) 883-4100 Today for a Free Consultation
The most important thing you can do after an auto accident, and especially Uber and Lyft accidents that introduce unique legal challenges, is to contact a proven car accident attorney as soon as possible. As a law firm committed to advocating on behalf of the injured and to providing the comprehensive support they need to make a full physical and financial recovery, we are dedicated to working aggressively on victims’ behalves from the moment they reach out to us.
Contact us today for a FREE consultation.