New Hampshire Personal Injury Lawyer
Joe is the owner and managing partner of the Injury Law Center®. He came to New England in late 2012 after a distinguished career as a trial attorney with a notable New York City plaintiff's personal injury law firm. Since moving to the area, Joe has made an instant impact in the litigation field, securing numerous plaintiff’s verdicts over the year. The awards in those cases were often more than double the final offer made to his clients.
Throughout his career, Joe has composed an extensive body of work, including having tried a total of 10 jury trials and 4 bench trials as first chair with excellent results. Joe regularly secures high six figure recoveries through trial, arbitration, mediation and settlement. He has earned a reputation for working tirelessly in the zealous representation of his clients.
Background & Education
Joe received his BA from Lafayette College in 2003 and subsequently received his JD from St. John's University School of Law in 2007. Joe was a member of his law school's nationally ranked mock trial team and was a staff member of the International Law Review. He achieved honors and distinctions including winning the ABA North East Regional Criminal Trial Competition and was a three-time recipient of the CALI Excellence Award in trial advocacy related courses.
Prior to working in plaintiff's personal injury law, Joe honed his trial skills and gained invaluable experience as felony level prosecutor for the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office. Over the course of nearly four years, Joe prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases including violent felony offenses such as robberies, shootings, and assaults. Joe was trusted to assist with several homicides cases featured in the press shortly after joining the office.
Recent Case Results
Joe’s recent representative work includes:
- $5,500,000 settlement for a pedestrian struck by a truck causing permanent degloving injuries requiring multiple surgeries.
- $400,000 settlement for plaintiff who fell off a defective curb at a gas station causing a complete tear of her patella tendon requiring reconstructive surgeries.
- $250,000 settlement for a young woman who sustained a spine injury requiring a cervical fusion surgery following a highway collision
- $200,000 settlement for a woman involved in a motor vehicle collision causing torn ankle tendons requiring arthroscopic surgery and a tibia plateau fracture.
- $200,000 settlement for a couple involved in a motor vehicle collision resulting in spine injuries.
- $125,000 arbitration award for a woman involved in a motor vehicle collision resulting in a wrist fracture, non-surgically repaired torn rotator cuff, chondromalacia of the patella and a concussion.
- $113,000 excess jury verdict for a chef involved in a motor vehicle collision resulting in a torn rotator cuff requiring arthroscopic surgery.
- $100,000 settlement on behalf of a hard working young woman who suffered a traumatic brain injury with resulting post-concussion syndrome after being involved in a rear-end auto collision.
Joe resides in Harvard, Massachusetts with his wife and two children. He is a weekly Vinyasa yoga practitioner, he enjoys hiking the Appalachian Trial, and he competes in long distance road and obstacle races.
Awards & Membership
In 2014, 2015, and 2017 Joe was selected as one of the Top Ten Attorneys Under 40 in the State of New Hampshire presented by the National Association of Personal Injury Attorneys. Joe is also an active member of Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (MATA), the Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA), and the New Hampshire Bar Association (NHBA). Joe was recently named to the 2017 Super Lawyers Rising Stars.
- New Hampshire
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts